Sunday, September 20, 2009

THe GReeN RiVeR...

The Green River fly fishing experiment... I call it an experiment because I was not positive that I would completely enjoy fly fishing. I knew I would love the Green River because it is water, until Dallas informed me that I would have to wear waders (that would clash with my swim suit) even better there was no swim suit for me!!! Then I get to take it one step further... Picture this ME... in my dad's waders ( I didn't have any so I borrowed his can we say a little large) In size nine boots ( I wear a 7 1/2 in women's shoes) walking first down a very steep incline ( the side of a mountain) to get to the river... walking through the river for like 4 or 5 hours (not exaggerating) then walking (water dredged) in my size 9 boots back up the dumb hill to get to the FJ. That was exciting, I only almost fell like twice down the side of a mountain. Other than that it was a way fun trip that I wish we could have stayed like three more days! I now love fly fishing and I love watching Dallas fly fish ( he actually catches fish) But maybe next time I will get one!

This is Flaming Gorge... on our way to the hotel and where we fish the green...
There is a deer that was just off the side of the river... squint and you can see it better...


1 comment:

Ty and Ber said...

I wanted to see the picture of you in your dad's waders. Sounds like you guys had a fun trip.