Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Black Cabinets & Black Car!

Well not much has been going on! Kinda, we have been working really hard to make our townhouse more livable! So we, actually I, decided instead of getting new cabinets we would paint them! But what color, just so happens I went to school for that exact question! So with the much needed help of my dad, we painted our cabinets black! I love them we are now in the process of distressing them and glazing them with a red amber color to match my dinning room table! After that we will move on to the tile floor!
Well you are probably wondering where the black car comes in to the title! Well we got a new car!!! We are so very excited! After looking long and hard we ran across the deal of a lifetime... for our dream vehicle! Dallas found it online... we went down and test drove it at Nate Wade Subaru on Sat. Loved it but Dallas never makes a rash decision! So we came home thought about it on Sunday... went back down again on Monday... Looked at it again, still love it! Talked some numbers... still came home empty handed! Finally we went back down Tuesday night and came home with our new FJ CRUISER! Yea! It is perfect almost new, and we love it.
Now it is time to get my dependable Honda ready to try to sell... She has been a great car and I will be sad to get rid of her... But it is time to move on! So That Is the Little bit of what we have been up to!

11 comments:

Jeff and Erin said...

I am so jealous!!!! Jeff and I love FJs, congrats! and I want to see pics of your cabinets. They sound way cute. Hope all is well!

Chrystie said...

Yay, I love those cars, I think they are sooo cute!! I am totally jealous of you guys, I want one too!

Chad and Stacey said...

Yeah for the Penrod's!! Now you can stop by and pick us up for church every Sunday. We want to look cool too ya know. We will have to stop by sometime to get the grand tour!!

Amanda said...

Oh, I am not sure if I am more jealous of your new car, or of the fact that you know how to do cabinets! I am such a disaster in that area. If I ever get my own place I may have to enlist the help of my "favorite" cousin. :-)

Lindsay said...

Cute car - my little bro has the same one! And I'm with Erin, I wanna see the cabinets!!

Ty and Ber said...

We had an FJ. Tyler loved it. I felt like there were too many blind spots but it was still fun to drive.
I want to see a picture of the cabinets too!!

Chelsey said...

nice sporty car! i want to see the cabinets too. i think they sound cute!

Stacy said...

Lucky you, i love FJ cruisers, and your black cabinents sound awesome

Jessie said...

yea, you joined the FJ world:) Erik absolutley LOVES his! I like it too, but since its a stick, I only get to look at it. (I know, pathetic, but I still can't drive one!) I need you to come help me with my cabinets.. that is one thing about our house that drives me nuts, but new ones are SOOO much $$$$. I wanna come over:)

Emily said...

That's exciting for both the new cabinets and new car! I love black cabinets and especially love that you are distressing them too!

Loveless Fam said...

Your selling the Honda??? We had so many good times with that car! I can't believe it still runs to be quite honest! You FJ is super cute! I'm so glad that you finally posted something new!