Thursday, November 1, 2007

HALLOWEEN

Hi everybody I don't have any great Halloween pictures to post ( Dallas wouldn't let my dress up my kitty!) So I figured I would just drop a note leaving the recipe to some killer chili! This was my Halloween experiment on my family. So I hope that you all enjoy it as much as we did, I did find a few adjustments that you might want to consider the jalapenos just use the skin pull out a bunch of the seeds if you can't handle hot, and I mean super I still can't feel my mouth hot! Or just add in 1 tbsp of bittersweet bakers chocolate and let it melt into the chili, it cools down the hot! Have fun and enjoy!

EASY CHILI from Kraftfood.com

1-1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices (I diced them up really small)
3 Tbsp. chili powder
1 can (14.5 oz.) fat-free reduced sodium beef broth
2 cans (15 oz. each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (28oz.) tomato puree
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 pkg shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Brown meat in a large deep skillet on medium heat; drain, if necessary. Add onions and jalapeno peppers; cook 5 to 7 min. or until tender, stirring frequently.
Add all remaining ingredients except cilantro and cheese; stir. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Top individual servings evenly with cilantro and cheese.

(I also put a dollop of sour cream on top)

5 comments:

Kyrsten said...

Jyl! Hellooo! How are you doing? I found your blog from Ashley's & she randomly found ours! :) Too funny. It sounds like things are going really well for you & your family! I'm so glad to hear that you graduated and you're both done with school. That's a relief. I'd love to hear from you sometime. I'm really good at email if you wanna write sometime. kyrstens@hotmail.com or check out our blog dannyandkyrsten.blogspot.com Great "Seeing" you! take care.

The Stanger Fam said...

Jyl, love the new look of the blog! I hope you like your shirt, by the way I love all the selection your work had! I will definitely come to you when I have a house of my own to do! P.S. sounds like a good chili recipe!

Hollie said...

J-Y-L!! hey girl!! do you remember good ol Hollie??! your blog is so cute!! glad to see your life is going just fabulous!! keep in touch! and that chili sounds YUMMY:)

Loveless Fam said...

Jyl, You need to blog more!! I miss you so much and this these blogs are my little life line back to good old Utah!! I hope all is well and that I will read something new soon from you!!

Chelsey said...

Hey Jyl way cute blog. i found yours through Kyrs. So I hope you don't mind me adding you to mine so we can keep in touch. I am new at this blog stuff but I have loved catching up with some old friends. Hope to hear from you soon. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Chelsey
nateandchelsey.blogspot.com